Getting Started with Bioscience Lab Skills
Save the Date! Saturday, January 27 2018
Out with the old, in with the New for 2018! Have you been teaching life sciences for a while? Need to NGSS-ize your old lessons? Perhaps you’re a new teacher and looking for hands-on activities that align with NGSS? Join the Bay Area community of bioscience teachers for a day of hands-on learning in DNA extraction, micropipetting, gel electrophoresis and DNA forensics. Learn new NGSS-ized ways to make your lessons fun and engaging.
- Breakfast, lunch, and a $100 stipend will be provided
- Its FREE! To reserve a seat, please pay a $25 deposit fee which will be refunded to you upon arrival (if you need to cancel, please do so within 72 hours or the deposit will be forfeited)
- Take BART! BART is only 2 flat blocks away (24th & Mission Station). If driving, we encourage carpooling and parking at the nearby garage will be fully reimbursed.
- High school and community college science teachers have priority for this workshop.
City College of San Francisco, Mission Campus
1125 Valencia Street, Rm 364
San Francisco, CA 94110
- BART: 2 blocks from the Mission & 24th Station
- Driving: Parking fees will be reimbursed by BABEC when parking at the Mission-Bartlett Garage
- Saturday, January 27, 2018
- 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Please plan to arrive at 8:30am for a breakfast and networking. Workshop will start promptly at 9:00am