BABEC is proud to be on the leadership team of InnovATEBIO, the National Center for Biotechnology Education, funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF)-Advanced Technological Education (ATE) or NSF-ATE.
BABEC leads two different hubs with InnovATEBIO
1. Supply Chain BioManufacturing Hub
2. High School Pathways Hub
What is InnovATEBIO?
- A network of community college and high school biotechnology educators from across the nation
What is the goal of this network?
- To address the need to educate highly skilled technicians for the nation’s biotechnology workforce.
Why does BABEC support this work?
- Because we believe that the Skilled Technical Workforce or biotechnology workforce offers career opportunities for students from underserved and underrepresented communities
- This workforce provides an entry point for students into an industry that can offer a lifetime of career growth and advancement